Help me here, is tangled in your underwear a metaphor, colloquialism or good advice?
Regardless, it happened to me and I’m wondering. . . .Has this happen to you?
Let me start at the beginning. I lost my balance and things were getting scary. Fear of falling resulted in my sitting down to put my pants on. It was vertigo.
A physical therapist shook the crystals out and explained, that although poor balance is assumed to go hand in hand with aging, behavior changes are a huge factor and the root cause of my loss of balance.
She was right. I was holding on to kitchen counters, walked with my arm tucked under someone else’s and sat down to put my pants on.
She recommended an exercise program.
The good news; my balance was restored, and I set a goal to dress standing up and had success except when my toes got tangled in my underwear.
Pointing my toes provided mediocre results as did wearing socks.
It is a daily challenge, so here are a few tips:
- Always have a bench or chair behind you.
- Practice standing on one foot leaning against a counter or wall, first.
- Graduate to standing on one foot with your eyes closed and then the other.
- When you’ve mastered the above introduce the underwear; concentrate hard and one leg at a time . . . go for it.
- Expect to wobble but refuse to fall-down.
- Continue to do balance exercise, daily, for the rest of your life.
. . . just saying
You don’t need a WordPress account to comment. Write your comment in the box below or click on the caption icon to the right of the title above. Ignore requests for a name/ username and press post or save. Your comment will be posted anonymously. Please follow me to receive notification of new posts. Thank you, Claudia